FIIT webinar series for providers
There are over 50 million Americans (this number does not include children) suffering from pain, many of whom are not receiving adequate treatment. There are many barriers to treatment including lack of effective interventions, untrained health care providers, financial limitations, and stigma. People with pain fall between the cracks of our flawed health care system. Even those lucky enough to have insurance find needed services are not covered under private health insurance, workers’ compensation, or disability insurance.
People living with pain may be seen in a variety of health care settings including doctor’s offices, emergency rooms, hospices, day treatment programs, addiction clinics, mental health outpatient clinics, and in private practice. It is vital that health care providers understand how to work with people in pain.
We have made these webinars specifically for health care providers so they may become more familiar with some of the challenges facing this population and be able to educate and assist their patients. We feel it is vitally important to assist people with chronic pain in accessing their own innate healing ability by becoming focused on internal healing and not just on an external cure.
Learn how to better serve people with chronic pain
This 19-session webinar series, “Format for Individualized, Integrative Treatment (FIIT),” is led by a team of multidisciplinary experts and covers a wide array of topics. The goal? To empower providers to offer more compassionate, effective, comprehensive care to their patients.
The entire webinar series is available for $195. Your purchase allows unlimited viewing and downloading of the 19 videos in this series. To purchase a single video, please contact Pain Connection for pricing and access.
We greatly value and appreciate the contributions provided by Mary French, Dr. Alan Pocinki, Dr. James Houston, Dr. Ann Berger, Kim Thompson, Lisa Marie Price, and Lee Blank.
This webinar series would not have been possible without the Healthcare Initiative Foundation, which funded this project.
After viewing these webinars, providers will be able to:
- Understand the complexity of chronic pain.
- Provide accurate information to the client and normalize the client’s experience.
- Understand the myths and misconceptions that perpetuate stigmas and interfere with effective treatment.
- Understand the predictable psychosocial processes people experience.
- Assist clients in building a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Identify all components of an effective treatment plan.
- Understand the psychological effects of chronic pain, including grief and depression.
- Identify the latest practices in the military for treating chronic pain, traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Have a basic understanding of different complementary and alternative treatment approaches available.
- Maintain a healing therapeutic relationship.