MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
Pain Connection is now offering supervision to mental health
professionals interested in working with chronic pain clients. Call the
office for information and fees.
- SPECIALIZED THERAPY GROUP:
Pain Connection offers to collaborate with local pain management clinics and community services in providing therapeutic services for therapy groups. Topics include: self management of pain, depression and anxiety, relationships, healing process and redefining what is normal. Relaxation techniques, guided imagery and meditation will be taught.
For more information on signing up for the group, or if your agency would like to start a group, contact: Gwenn Herman, LCSW-C, DCSW, 301-231-0008.
- FILLING THE GAPS IN PAIN CARE:
This is an 8
week program designed for people with pain and
their families to improve their ability to manage
chronic pain more effectively in collaboration with
their health care providers, resulting in an
increased sense of well being and improved
quality of life.
- MINDFULNESS PRACTICE:
A Day of Rest and Reconnection - Together we will learn and practice ways to relieve anxiety, stress, and pain through awareness and relaxation.
- Learn how meditation affects the body and the mind and can improve health and wellbeing
- Practice reconnecting to the body and mind
- Explore your own body and mind, increasing awareness of your inner and outer landscape and personal challenges